We're sure Arianna Huffington went out of her way to make Day One of her new group blog especially star-studded - after all, it was day one, and it *is* Arianna Huffington - but we figured, as long as there are a bunch of stars (and semi-stars and sorta-stars and a few other people we're sure we might recognize if we spent less time pondering the integrity of celebrity marriages) in one place, firing off beads of "wisdom", we might as well wipe it all up and impart the highlights:
- Laurie (wife of Larry) David says Ford could totally be shilling their hybrid Escape on American Idol, and yet they're "still pushing their low mileage SUV’s to the youth of America."
- David Mamet refuses to refer to either "blogs" or "Arianna Huffington" outside of quote-marks and all their ironic safety.
- "Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been ... locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower." John Cusack quotes from the late Hunter S. Thompson's cryptic t-shirt memo.
- Mike Nichols watches The Daily Show. Huh. Maybe we should look into that.
- Walter Cronkite hands blogging's latest emporer a word of advice: "Arianna, I offer this first editorial opinion that you settle for "interesting" and recognize that it is not a synonym for "entertaining."