- One of Andy Warhol's 13 silkscreens of Elizabeth Taylor has sold at auction for $12.6 million.
- Alexander Payne, head of the Un Certain Regard jury at Cannes, plans to challenge the main jury to a water polo match. His "top-secret weapon"? 82-year-old actress Betsy Blair.
- Joan DuPont says this year's Cannes "competition brags so many big names that you wonder where the novelty will come from."
- Who is assigning her these stories? Waxy files a dreary profile of producer Ray Stark's art collection.
- "These works are determinedly apolitical, partly for practical reasons. With the war in Iraq still raging and the country polarized, few filmmakers want to alienate half the audience." Caryn James on the new traumatized-vet movie.