Variety in 60 Seconds
- Peter Bart chalks up Anthony Lane's Sith snit to "battle fatigue"
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith is Regency's biggest film to date - but, high stakes aside, its CEOs seem quite relaxed.
- Meanwhile, Todd McCarthy admits that whilst Smith "isn't Gigli", it "certainly isn't Trouble in Paradise", either.
- Trend alert! $30.5 million worth of Sith's opening gross came from online retailers like Fandango.
- Variety takes credit for inventing the terms "grindhouse", "striptease" and "punchline", none of which are anywhere near as annoying as "slanguage."