The Day in Video Games: Variety in 60 Seconds
- SAG has reached an agreement with the video game industry, and actors will walk away without residuals, but with a 36% increase in their base salary.
- Dreamworks, Majesco and Nintendo are teaming up to give Sony a run for their money: films like Shrek and Shark Tale wiil be made available on a format viewable on the Game Boy as early as this summer.
- Barry Diller's giving up his claim to a chunk of Vivendi Universal assets, putting the whole shebang in NBC Universal's hands.
- Glen Basner has left his executive sales position at Focus Features to join the new Weinstein Company as president of international distribution.
- Michelle Yeoh, Cillian Murphy, and Chris Evans will join the cast of Danny Boyle's Sunshine, a space thriller scripted, like Boyle's 28 Days Later, by Alex Garland.