A new weekly feature, where we run down the latest thumbs up and thumbs down from critics Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper.
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith: thumbs up from Roger ("Pitt and Jolie are having fun and so are we") and thumbs up from Richard ("two great looking movie stars having a great time...very dark but I almost wish they'd gone darker").
- Howl's Moving Castle: thumbs down from Roger ("disappointing...the story to me sags and loses its way and doesn't pay off") and thumbs up from Richard ("an insanely creative work").
- The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl: thumbs down from both Roger ("...it's the 3-D part that sucks...a very bad idea") and Richard ("the story is terrible too").
- High Tension: thumbs down from both Roger ("the movie doesn't work because it's impossible...and the movie doesn't even try to explain how these things could happen, so it means they are just messing with us, and I don't like being messed with...you walk out of the theater afterwards and you say 'I got cheated') and Richard ("an extremely well-made, very grisly, and ultimately dishonest slasher film")
- The Honeymooners: a split. Roger liked it ("I was afraid this was going to be another one of those lifeless TV retreads but the surprise is this is a delightful comedy"), but Richard ("I'm sure we saw the same movie because we were in the screening room together...but I'm giving this a thumbs down...dreadful script")