- Dylan Kidd (Roger Dodger) and Ira Glass (NPR's This American Life) will team up to adapt Ethan Watters' Urban Tribes, about a guy who deals with his fear of commitment by trying to convince his girlfriend that ad-hoc family-like friendships have replaced traditional monogamy. Wasn't that the lesson we learned from Friends? Kidd will direct.
- Jennifer Garner will produce and star in a remake of the 2004 Japanese film, Be With Me, about a widower, his young son and the woman who may or may not be the re-incarnation of his recently deceased wife.
- Sideways Oscar snubbee Paul Giamatti will voice the lead character in the pilot for Sci-Fi channel's new animatied series, The Amazinge Screw-on Head. Based on the Mike Mignola comic, the series follows a Civil War-era secret agent who has somehow been left in the dustbin of history.
- The Bronx Walk of Fame (yeah, it exists) has honored Variety's resident palentological specimen, gossipist Army Archerd. He'll join Stanley Kubrick and Regis Philbin in the outer borough's commemorative street sign club.
- The Weinsteins have invited former New Line and Artisan exec Richard Saperstein to be the Production Head of their new company. He'll start working in Los Angeles for Bob Weinstein ASAP.