- On the cover: Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. I saw coming attractions of this before Batman Begins. Is anyone else creeped out by Depp's take on the character?
- Stephen King loves George Romero.
- In the print edition: an interesting backstory on how Fantastic Four came to the big screen (and what The Incredibles has to do with Fantastic Four's production problems).
- Also in print: behind the scenes of this summer's controversial documentary Murderball.
- All the Tom Cruise publicity didn't seem to hurt the War of the Worlds box office. It's the biggest opening of Cruise's career.