- Nicole Kidman has been offered $435,000 to make a 25 minute speech at the 5th Annual Forbes Global CEO Conference in Sydney. It's the highest amount ever paid to a public speaker for a single appearance - and yet, the actress is apparently considering making the speech via satellite.
- Sean Connery has returned a $1.7 million advance to HarperCollins, having decided against writing his autobiography. "Sir Sean doesn't need the money," says a source, "[and] looking back on your life when you are aged 74 is a very emotionally demanding thing to do."
- Britney Spears will be posing pregnant - but not for Vanity Fair, and not nude, as had been reported. Her rep tells Page Six, "She will be the October cover girl for Elle - but will be keeping all of her clothes on."
- Zsa Zsa Gabor is partially paralyzed after suffering a stroke. The actress (and first Celebrity Hilton Heiress) underwent surgery for a blocked artery last week and is not expected to make a full recovery.
- Sean Penn and his wife, Robin Wright-Penn, narrowly avoided a head-on collision this weekend, when their limo driver accidentally turned the wrong way down a one-way street. Most surprising, considering Penn's record on anger management, is that the driver made it out alive.