- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is coming to DVD on November 1 - everywhere, around the world. On the same day, LucasArts will also release the Star Wars Battlefront II video game.
- German theater chains are planning to boycott Angela Robinson's Herbie: Fully Loaded, on the grounds that
they like their Lohans emaciated and Aryan-esquethe film will be coming out on DVD a mere four months later.
- Disney has named Daniel Battsek president of Miramax Films. He's expected to amp aquisitions up to Weinsteinian levels.
- Today's Celebrity Quote Taken Out of Context comes from Dermot Mulroney: "I got to tap into my inner dick with this movie -- in a clean way."
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt will take his first lead role in a studio film, in screenwriter Scott Frank's directorial debut - and everybody involved sounds a bit worried: "Joseph is a very good young actor," said producerr Roger Birnbaum, "but we are doing this for a price."