First of all, how unbelievably great is this picture?! I mean, Harold Ramis! Dancing! And look at Bill Murray - he's totally got the White Man's Overbite face on. Videos from the 80s were pure magic.
Only one actual preview screening today - I'm getting the impression that studios do lots and lots of those in the summer and not so many once the movies with explosions and gushing blood are all out. Either that or all my sources quit at the same time. Either way, New York's got tons of older stuff showing all the time, it's just takes a little digging.
And, as always, if you know about free stuff in your city, please do pass it along.
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (9/29)
- The Red Shoes (9/30; screening is 6pm at MoMA and is free to members)
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (10/5; screening is at the Donnell Library, call212-621-0619 for info)
- The Flowers of St. Francis (10/6; screening is at NYU's Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimo, call212-998-8730 for info)
- The Fog (10/12)
- Ghostbusters (10/1)
- Bewitched (10/29)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (11/5)
- The Fifth Element (11/12)
- Christmas with the Kranks (12/23)