Man, it's so hard to keep up with the rumors flying around the new Batman sequels, but I've done my best to compile a list of everything we know so far, including brand new info provided to Dark Horizons by a super secret mysterious source who goes by the name of "Washington Post." Hmm, wonder if that's supposed to mean something? Just to be safe, I'm going to go ahead and wrap a big old SPOILER ALERT around these fun little facts:
- There are plenty of folks circling around the part of Joker, but so far Paul Bettany is the only name being seriously considered. In addition, Michael Keaton (I love it!) has been thrown into the mix.
- Harvey Dent will be in the next film, but his Two-Face character won't show up until the third film with Liev Schreiber all but locked into the role.
- Also returning for another round of Bat-action will be Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Linus Roachie.
- Sadly, Katie Holmes will also be returning but may not "stick around" for the entire film.
- Another character rumored to be making an appearance is Oswald Cobblepot (a/k/a The Penguin). Though it's not certain he will make his penguin transformation in the next film, they are creating costume mocks as we speak. As far as who would play the villain, "Washington Post" claims they "want a (kinda amusing) "Harvey Weinstein" type, but not necessarily a naturally-fat-guy - just someone that can pull it off effectively."