Now that Halloween is finally over and we've successfully escaped from the scary movie vault, I figured it was about time for a little comedy. Now, there are these jokes that have been floating around for years regarding things you wouldn't know if it weren't for movies. Here are a couple examples:
- If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.
- No one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.
- When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.
- Ice Age 2 - A comedian (ie: Ray Romano, Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers) will always provide the voice of a cartoon character in a last ditch effort to stay off the "I wonder what happened to...) list.
- Looking for Comedy in the Muslim world - If the person next to you is laughing during an Albert Brooks film, don't be alarmed - they're on medication and you're allowed to change seats.
- National Lampoon's Adam & Eve - When someone uses the words "National Lampoon's" in a sentence these days, it's almost always followed by "here's another movie that I can wait until it's on basic cable at three in the morning, there's nothing else on and I'm in the mood to see a nice looking girl do something stupid.
- Transamerica - If a transsexual shows up as the main character in a film, you may want to find some cover in order to dodge the cats and dogs falling from the sky.
- The Matador - For every film Greg Kinnear appears in, an agent gets their wings.