If you're a Harry Potter fan, you've no doubt visited the official Harry Potter site maintained by the books' author, J.K. Rowling (or "Jo" to Harry Potter fans – hey, she says on her site!). If you've never been there, check it out. It's full of lots of interesting stuff about the boy wizard. One of my favorite places on the site is where she dispels rumors about the Harry Potter books and movies. A lot of them concern Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, not the Goblet of Fire movie coming out in four days, but here are some of my fave rumors from the site:
- The Lestranges were really sent to kill Neville, not hisparents. - Nope, but it is all tied in with the mysterious prophecy.
- The last part of the prophecy ("neither shall live while the other survives") means Harry and Neville will have to kill each other. - No, it doesn't, but Neville is tied in with the prophecy in another way.
- Dumbledore's old friend Nicolas Flamel will come to Hogwarts to teach potions. - That would be a neat trick, because he's dead.
- Luna is really Snape's daughter. - Interesting though it would be if Snape found someone actually willing to reproduce with him, he most definitely did not produce a child with Luna's mother.
- JK Rowling doesn't want people referring to Voldemort as Voldy. - She says that was all a big joke. But calling him Morty is strictly verboten (kidding).
- Dumbledore is really Ron or Harry from the future. - Cool idea! But not true, according to Ms. Rowling, er, Jo. But she thinks it's keen that readers are so creative in their rumormongering.
- JK Rowling is not really talking on her site, but has other folks writing for her. - According to the source herself, it's really, really her.