Hey, just because celebs aren't going to be rolling in as much swag as they've gotten used to, doesn't mean you shouldn't get some! Idlewild (aka "that OutKast movie") opens this weekend. The film, which stars André Benjamin (André 3000) and Antwan A. Patton (Big Boi), is about Percival (Benjamin) and Rooster (Patton), a couple of friends from opposite sides of the track who are kept together by their love for music, even as their lives take different paths. Here's your chance to win some cool Idlewild swag: an official Idlewild tshirt, a movie mini-poster, AND the Idlewild soundtrack CD, featuring some awesome songs by OutKast and some remixes of some great songs from the 1930s. (Note: Although it might be quicker to answer these if you've seen the film, you can find the answers to all these questions on the internet even if you haven't).
All you have to do, film fans, is answer the following Idlewild/OutKast trivia questions. Email your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM EDT on Monday, August 28 with the subject line: "IDLEWILD QUIZ." All correct entries will go in a drawing for the Idlewild prize package. Here you go:
- 1) Idlewild was sold to Universal after OutKast's 2003 double-album became a smash success. What was that album called?
- 2) The film features some rousing dance numbers. What is the signature dance style created by choreographer Hinton Battle for the film called?
- 3) What is on the flask that Rooster always carries with him?
- 4) What does Percival's father do for a living?
- 5) What is the ironic name of the speakeasy where Rooster and Percival perform?
- 6) What was director Bryan Barber best known for prior to directing Idlewild?
- 7) Barber drew inspiration for Idlewild from which period musical by Vincente Minnelli?
- 8) One of the songs on the soundtrack is titled "Chronomentrophobia". Chronomentrophobia is the fear of what?
There you go, folks. Email your answers to me, and if you get them all right, you'll go in the drawing for the Idlewild swag (trust me, it's worth it for the soundtrack alone).