- Ed Benedict(c.1912-2006) - Animator and designer who started out at Walt Disney in 1930, went on to Universal and MGM, and eventually worked for Hanna-Barbera, creating the designs for Ruff and Reddy, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and The Flintstones. In an RIP twist this week, Benedict had worked as a layout artist on the Droopy Dog short Blackboard Jumble, which spoofed Blackboard Jungle, a film starring Glenn Ford.
- Claude Blanchard(1932-2006) - Canadian actor who appeared in Jésus de Montréal, Gina and Rafales. He died of a heart attack on August 20th.
- Alexander Buzo(1944-2006) - Australian playwright and humorist who was uncredited for his rewrite work for Ned Kelly (the one with Mick Jagger). He died on August 16th.
- Marion Cajori(c.1950-2006) - Filmmaker who made documentaries about artists. Her most well-known is Joan Mitchell: Portrait of an Abstract Painter. She died of cancer on August 8th, in New York.
- Jude Carabba(c.1959-2006) - Actress who appeared in a bit part in Casino and some TV shows. She was stabbed to death by her boyfriend Wednesday, in Staten Island, New York.
- Nellie Connally(1919-2006) - Wife of former Texas Governor John Connally and passenger in JFK's limo the day the President was assassinated. She can be seen in the famous Zapruder film and a number of documentaries that include footage from that home movie. She died in her sleep on Friday, in Austin, Texas.
- Jon Dough(c.1963-2006) - Adult film star who appeared in over 1000 titles -- including The World's Luckiest Man, in which he has sex with 101 women -- since his debut in 1985 and directed over 70. He took his own life on August 27th, in Chatsworth, California.