In other parts of the world, people are gearing up for Toronto's big clambake, or those film festivals in Rome and Venice. Here in Austin, the fall film schedules are slowly being released and we couldn't be more excited. We don't even have to leave town! The next couple of months will bring a variety of festivals to central Texas:
- Cinematexas, the renowned short film festival, runs from Sept. 20-24. This year's schedule hasn't yet been posted online.
- Fantastic Fest runs from Sept. 21-28 and the full schedule went public this week.
- Austin Gay and Lesbian Film Festival (aGLIFF) runs from Sept. 28-Oct. 8 and the schedule went live this week. If you want more details, you can attend the free aGLIFF Launch Party on Sunday at noon at Cafe Caffeine. The festival is also looking for volunteers.
- The first Austin Polish Film Festival will run over four Thursdays in October. The festival's theme is "50 Years of Polish Films from the Lodz School."
- Austin Film Festival runs Oct. 19-26. A schedule of films isn't available yet, but you can view a list of panelists who tentatively are set to attend the screenwriting conference. Sydney Pollack, Shane Black, and David Milch will receive awards this year during the festival.