Geek news I found while waiting for my laundry to finish:
- Hey, we can finally, officially scrap those rumors of Venom being some sort of laboratory invention. According to Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) himself, Venom will come from outer space, as is right and proper. Geeks everywhere rejoice.
- Michael Bay has updated the old Transformers message board, with some details about budgeting and a new "awesome" trailer.
- Hide your children, Georgia! Harry Potter and his witchy ways are officially allowed to still be in school libraries. Imagine that ... a book, being allowed in libraries. What is this world coming to?
- It is Ghost Rider. It is a video blog. We've seen a bazillion of them, and frankly, I've stopped paying attention. But if you're still interested, you can check out the newest one on the official site -- it's all about visual effects.
- Kevin Smith secretly wishes someone would make him into a video game; and really, who doesn't want to be a video game? He says he doesn't know the right people, and he's sure it'd never happen, but he definitely thinks it'd be fun and would be down with writing the story should the chance ever come up. While I'm sure it would be amusing, I can't quite imagine what the point of such a game would be. There's an almost famous lack of action in Smith productions.