It's fairly easy for us to scribble down a number of films coming out this year that we're looking forward to; in the next few months alone, we have a third Pirates of the Caribbean, a third Shrek, a third Spider-Man, a second Hostel and a little Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez flick called Grindhouse. And that's just the beginning. But, like with every year, there's also a number of projects that, for one reason or another, don't deserve the hype.
This week, MSNBC has put out a list of their five least anticipated films of 2007. In order (followed by my comments):
- Wild Hogs -- I saw this Monday night, and can safely say it's not worth getting your hopes up. Look for my review later this week. Agree.
- I Think I Love My Wife -- And I think Chris Rock is a horrific actor. In fact, it's hard for me to place the word 'anticipated' anywhere near his name. Agree.
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer -- Director Tim Story gets one more chance to save the franchise. I hated the original, but even I feel this sequel doesn't deserve a spot here. Disagree.
- Alien vs. Predator 2 -- Oh no, they're still fighting one another ... and we keep getting stuck in the middle. Isn't it about time we retire these two monsters? Agree.
- Rush Hour 3 -- Hey, if I had $30 million collecting dust, I'd pay Chris Tucker to permanently shut his mouth. Agree.
With the exception of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, their list is pretty spot on. However, I would add Evan Almighty, Hairspray,I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Underdog and, yes, Saw IV. What about you? What are your least anticipated films of 2007?