And I promise you this has nothing to do with the writers strike. Interesting timing, is all. But yes, Cinematical is looking for some new blood, and if you're the type of person who's opinionated, likes to write about movies and ... likes to write about movies, then you could be the next person to join our elite team. Please read the following instructions and we look forward to hearing from you.
Our ideal candidate(s) will have some combination of the following qualities:
- You live and will work out of the Los Angeles or New York City area.
- You specialize in all things geek (superheroes, graphic novels, video games, etc).
- You shoot, edit and host your own videos (film related or not) online.
- You will be able to contribute 75 posts a month (roughly 2 to 4 posts per day).
What we need from you:
- Please email two original sample posts (between 250-350 words) to leads AT cinematical DOT com. Do not send us links to blog posts, we'd rather see you create something new specifically for this.
- In addition to your samples, please tell us why you'd like to write for Cinematical, where you live and a little about yourself. At this time, feel free to include a link to your blog (if you have one) or links to stories and/or videos you've created for other outlets.
Because of the heavy volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to each and every one. We will only respond to those applications that interest us and fit our needs. We will only be accepting applications for two weeks starting today. Thank you and have a great day!