Over the weekend, a number of different sites received tips regarding the soon-to-be-released Justice League of America cast. The rumors come as The Hollywood Reporter tells us production on the film might have to be postponed due to them being without a finished shooting script, while options on actors who were screen tested are about to expire. I'll discuss whether or not this film is even worth the effort in this week's Monday Morning Poll, but for now let me go down the list and tell you who is (according to rumors) up for each role:
- Batman: Armie Hammer: Random actor who's appeared in Flicka, and in one episode of Veronica Mars. He's 21. (Sources: Batman on Film, Superhero Hype)
- Superman: Scott Porter, 28 (Friday Night Lights TV show, Speed Racer) is up for this role, according to AICN and Cinema Blend, though IESB claims he never read for that part and instead was at one point up for The Flash. Meanwhile, Superhero Hype lists D.J. Cotrona, 27 (Skin, Windfall) as having nabbed the Man of Steel role.
- The Flash: Adam Brody, 28 (The O.C.) has been signed for this role, if you listen to AICN and IESB. However, Superhero Hype claims it's gone to Anton Yelchin, 18.
- Green Lantern: Everyone believes this role has indeed gone to the rapper-turned-actor Common, 35.
- Martian Manhunter: At this time, no one has received information regarding this character.
- Wonder Woman: Megan Gale, 21 (Stealth), according to SH.
- Talia al Ghul: Everyone believes this role will go to Teresa Palmer, 21.
- Aquaman: Santiago Cabrera, 29 (Heroes), according to SH.
- Cinematical Man: According to our own inside studio sources, Scott Weinberg is a lock for this role. Age unknown.
So there you have it. You're all up to date on the currently rumored cast. Warner Bros. is supposed to officially announce the roles this week, however that could change if production gets postponed.