You watch sci-fi and you read sci-fi, so why not eat sci-fi too? Courtesy of Dabbled.org comes this fun recipe for the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which totally looks like a fun thing to make with your kids (or your friends' kids, or whatever kids happen to be throwing things in your front yard right now). Check it:
* Frozen Swedish Meatballs (I used the ones from Ikea), 2 per monster. (Defrosted)
* Thin Spaghetti, dry.
* Several tubular noodles (I had some elbows on hand, but this would probably work better with a larger type.)*
* Green peas for eyeballs.
1. Fill your largest pot with water and place on stove to boil.
2. Stab a long noodle into your meatball. Stab a second meatball on to your noodle.
3. Repeat so they are stuck together.
4. Continue stabbing your 2 meatballs with 1/2 to 1/3 length dry spaghetti noodles (see pic). Leave some open areas for the meatballs to show.
5. Insert a tubular noodle into each meatball to serve as an eyestalk.
6. Place in boiling water until noodles are soft.
7. Remove, cool, and insert a pea (or a piece of a pea) in each eyestalk for the eyeball.