Oh, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... We all know the path of Wonka himself, Gene Wilder. He went on to be an iconic part of Mel Brooks' oeuvre, the a-mazing partner in crime to Richard Pryor, "Letterman" in The Electric Company, and now -- memoir writer and novelist. But what about the kids he tormented with sweets and all things full of nice sugar and spice? Charlie Bucket, Violet Beauregarde, Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, and Mike Teevee? CNN gives a rundown with a group picture from the film's 30th anniversary, which you can see below, and then head to Celebuzz for current shots.
From left to right (below):
- Michael Bollner, or Augustus Gloop, is a tax attorney in Munich.
- Denise Nickerson, or Violet Beauregarde, went on to play a role in Dark Shadows before leaving the biz and becoming an accountant at an engineering plant.
- Paris Themmen, or Mike Teevee, has done a slew of things including commercial casting agent, Disney Imagineer, real estate agent, and autographs-for-sale website owner.
- Julie Dawn Cole, or Veruca Salt, has "a successful career in theater, television, and fitness."
- And finally, Peter Ostrum, or Charlie Buckett. Yes, that's him with the 'stache. He's a large animal vet in upstate New York.