As I'm sure anyone who is reading this site is well aware, the SXSW film festical is currently underway. But just because the Internet has been consumed with reports and reviews from Austin, TX doesn't mean that the world of news has come grinding to a halt. To that end, here's what has been going on at Sci-Fi Squad over the last few days.
- John Gholson's pick for this past week's SFS Movie Club was the Michael Crichton directed Runaway. If you haven't seen this surprisingly sturdy, though surely dated, flick that pits Tom Selleck against robots, check it out (it's on Netflix Watch Instantly) and then join the Movie Club discussion.
- Jacob Hall takes a look at the up and downs of casting Ron Perlman as Conan's father in Marcus Nispel's fantasy reboot of Conan the Barbarian.
- Also on the casting front, Jacob runs down some new members to the Green Lantern cast as well as the possibility that Robert Down Jr. may star in Alfonso Cuaron's next film, Gravity.
- These will all make their way to Cinematical in a more elaborate post in the coming days, but in the mean time, here's what SFS has been covering at SXSW so far: Monsters, Hubble 3D.
- Gholson takes a look at the original art work for Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Spacehunter in 3-D in his new Sci-Fi Movie Poster of the Day spotlight posts.