Like horror movies? Like Cinematical? Then you're in luck, because Cinematical happens to have its own horror movie blog called Horror Squad. But in case you're not reading HS on a regular basis (for shame), here's what you've been missing on the genre front.
- Alison runs down a list of her five favorite sleepover horror movies. I'm guessing her slumber parties growing up were a tad bit different than most kids'.
- We've started a new feature at HS called I Would Have Saved/Killed where twice a week we'll be picking a character from a movie whose fate we would have loved to alter. I kick things off with my favorite character from Trick 'r Treat.
- We've also rebooted our What We're Watching feature. Last week I took a look at the Alaskan indie thriller Godspeed, the hilarious Tucker & Dale vs. Evil and the underloved Frailty. Today Jacob runs downCandyman, Peter Medak's The Changeling, and The House Where Evil Dwells.
-Sticking with new recurring features, Weinberg has just gotten the ball rolling on his '80s Archive project. So far he's featured Happy Birthday to Me, Cujo, Graduation Day, and Creature.
- Brian leads the discussion for this week's HS Movie Club, the calm and cool mindbender that is Christopher Smith's Triangle. If you haven't seen it, avoid that link until you have, Triangle is definitely worth discovering as spoiler-free as possible.
- Don't you just love it when your screening of Night of the Living Dead turns into a religious sermon?