- Brad McHargue's pick for this week's Horror Squad Movie Club is Brad Anderson's superb thriller, The Machinist.
- Alison Nastasi took on the latest entry of I Would Have Saved/Killed and opted for Night of the Creeps. I couldn't agree more with her selection, so check it out if you've seen Fred Dekker's under-appreciated '80s zombie film.
- Magnet Releasing were in the news twice this week. First: the genre arm of Magnolia have picked up the killer-tire film Rubber for US distribution. Second: They've dated the great [REC] 2's OnDemand release for June 4th. If you loved the original Spanish beast, I guarantee you will love this inventive sequel from the same directing duo.
- Alison gives a quick profile of Lunchmeat, a magazine that honors the best of VHS. Yes, there are still plenty of films on VHS that aren't on DVD.
- Speaking of VHS, years ago I was blown away by the amazing fake trailer for Lazer Ghosts 2: Return to Laser Cove. Now the gents behind it, Astron-6, have a feature film in the works called Manborg and you can see a teaser trailer for it (as well asLG2:RLC) right here.