Well, since our inaugural entry of The Remake Game (concerning The Godfather) proved to be more fun than contentious, we're back with another theoretical cast for another unspeakable remake -- Jaws. Remember: first comes whatever obvious cast we think Hollywood would go for, then who we think should get the parts, before opening it up for your comments and contributions.
So, in the Hollywood version, we'd probably end up with:
- Bradley Cooper as aqua-phobic police chief Martin Brody
- Maggie Grace as wife Ellen Brody
- either Danny Huston or Oliver Platt for sleazy mayor Larry Vaughn
- Zach Galifianakis as the more evidently comical sidekick, Matt Hooper
- Gerard Butler as badass shark hunter Quint (but only after Christian Bale drops out over creative differences)
- and the shark ends up mostly computer-generated with occasional practical effects.