Of all the impossible remakes that we've proposed so far in The Remake Game, I think we can all agree that this would be the least likely of the bunch - a live-action remake of 1995's animated milestone, Toy Story. Granted, it's been fifteen years, and the big bad movie-makin' machine didn't even wait fifteen months before getting to work on another version of Death at a Funeral (I'd struggle to consider either one a classic, though).
Seeing as we're working with a non-existent project, I think it's fair to cheat a bit and include a few of our favorites from Toy Story 2 while we're at it. Seeing as it just came out four days ago, we're not going to rope in the new characters of Toy Story 3 just yet.
And so, in the Hollywood version (surely pitched as being in the vein of Night at the Museum), we could picture:
- Bradley Cooper as rootin'-tootin' cowboy Woody
- Jon Hamm as all-American astronaut Buzz Lightyear (The A-Team reunion!)
- Renee Zellweger as Woody's love interest, Bo Peep (Case 39 reunion!)
- Vince Vaughn as resident skeptic Mr. Potato Head
- Justin Long as the perpetually sarcastic Hamm (Dodgeball reunion!)
- George Lopez as Woody's best friend, Slinky (either him or Chris Rock - today's family films require one character of distinct, often stereotypical ethnicity)
- Paul Dano as panicky pal Rex
- Stephen Lang as troop leader Sarge
- Anne Hathaway as Woody's original sidekick, Jessie
- Jeff Bridges as treacherous Stinky Pete (just use his Iron Man performance)
- and Kevin James as the namesake for Al's Toy Barn, Al