Indie Roundup is your weekly guide to what's new and upcoming in the world of independent film. Pictured above: Chris Messina and Rashida Jones in Monogamy.
Opening / Expanding. A different (?) kind of war doc, a frothy comedy, and a space doc highlight the limited releases opening and/or expanding this weekend.
- The Tillman Story. Professional football player volunteers to fight terrorists and is killed by friendly fire.
- Mao's Last Dancer. Chinese ballet dancer heads to Houston, discovers romance and a burning desire for freedom.
- Soul Kitchen. From director Fatih Akin (Head On, The Edge of Heaven) comes a light comedy.
- The Army of Crime. A poet leads a clandestine battle against Nazi occupation.
- Happythankhyoumoreplease. Josh Radnor's debut comedy: young people, relationships, New York City.
- Altiplano. Riot in a Andean village brings things to a boil for a married couple.
- Breathless. Jean-Luc Godard's new wave classic continues; now in 6 theaters.
- Hubble 3D. The space doc moves into 151 theaters after nearly six months of release.