Most movie-minded people know by now that Henry Cavill stars as Superman in "Man of Steel," in theaters today, but new fans of the British actor probably don't know much else about him.
Have no fear, Moviefone is here!
If you're looking to find out a little bit more about the latest man to slip on the iconic red cape and tights, look no further. Read on to discover five fun facts about the newest Clark Kent:
1. He didn't always have that superhero-worthy physique. He told the UK's Daily Mail that he was a "fat kid" and his nickname was even "Fat Cavill."
2. According to our research, he was destined to play Superman.
3. His girlfriend can probably kick your butt. Cavill has been dating "Fast & Furious 6" actress, and former mixed martial artist, Gina Carano, since fall 2012.
4. He grew up in Jersey. No, not that Jersey; the British island of Jersey, which is just off the coast of Normandy, France.
5. He was almost Edward Cullen. "Twilight" author Stephanie Meyer had her heart set on Cavill playing the hunky vampire, calling him the "perfect Edward," but he clearly lost the role to Robert Pattinson after it was decided that the then 24-year-old was too old to play the part.