From period-piece grifter to a Charlie's Angel, Cameron Diaz has taken on an interesting mix of roles. But in this week's "The Counselor," she's a whole different breed -- almost literally.
In Ridley Scott's new crime thriller, Diaz plays Malkina, a cheetah print-loving, tattooed vixen. With a gold tooth, a Skrillex-esque haircut, and a whole lot of bling, Diaz is nearly unrecognizable.
Sure, you know she's been known to substitute body fluids for hair gel, and she plays an obsessive ex-girlfriend with aplomb, but there's likely a lot about Diaz you don't know. From her legally questionable activities with Snoop Dogg to her MTV reality show, here are 15 things you may not know about the blond bombshell.
1. Diaz was a member of the Polyettes dance-drill team at her high school. We can totally imagine Diaz cheering in half-time shows, "Bring It On"-style.
2. Before hitting the big time, Diaz starred in a Coca Cola commercial in the '80s.
3. At 16, Diaz was discovered by a photographer at a Hollywood party who helped her land a contract with the Elite Modeling Agency.
4. Diaz was set to play Sonya Blade in 1995's "Mortal Kombat." However, while taking karate lessons for the role, she broke her wrist and was replaced by Bridgette Wilson-Sampras.
5. Diaz grew up in Long Beach, California and went to high school with Snoop Dogg. In an interview, she said of the rapper, "He wore lots of ponytails and I'm pretty sure I bought weed from him." Just picture the two rolling down the street, sippin' on... well, you know the rest.
6. Diaz has hosted "Saturday Night Live" three times and has made guest appearances several times as the character Kiki Deamore.
7. Diaz has been involved with the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), the first and largest nonprofit organization for veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and has spoken as an advocate for military families.
8. During her modeling career, Diaz worked for Calvin Klein and Levi's, and was featured on the cover of the July 1990 issue of Seventeen magazine.
9. Diaz became the second actress, after Julia Roberts, to join the coveted $20 Million Club when she signed on to do "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" in 2002.
10. She is best friends with Drew Barrymore and was the maid of honor at Barrymore and Will Kopelman's wedding in 2012.
11. In 2005, Diaz hosted and produced the MTV reality documentary series "Trippin'," which focused on environmental and ecological issues. The show also featured appearances from Drew Barrymore, Justin TImberlake, Eva Mendes, and Jessica Alba.
12. English singer Robbie Williams mentions Diaz in his song "I Will Talk and Hollywood Will Listen."
13. In 1999, police caught an airline security guard at Los Angeles International Airport stealing Diaz's passport, along with a large sum of money.
14. Diaz has broken her nose four times and eventually underwent cosmetic surgery to repair it in 2006.
15. As a child, her friends nicknamed her Diaz Skeletor because she was tall and had an infectious smile.
[sources: IMDb, Wikipedia, OntheRedCarpet.com]