Two of Disney's biggest franchises are moving forward -- slowly. That's according to studio chairman Alan Horn, who during an event hosted by Variety Friday morning revealed some -- but not much -- news on the "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" fronts.
Michael Buckner/Getty Images for Environmental Media Association
Horn's remarks were first reported on Twitter by Variety writer Marc Graser, who tweeted that Horn told the crowd that the studio has not yet received a script for "Star Wars: Episode VII." The final product, penned by director J.J. Abrams and consultant Lawrence Kasdan, is expected to be delivered in January, Horn said, adding that the studio estimated the film's budget could reach as high as $200 million.
As previously reported, Horn also reiterated the studio's plan to release one "Star Wars" film every year beginning in 2015, alternating with new trilogy films and standalone spinoff titles.
The other series Horn addressed during his remarks was "Indiana Jones," though there wasn't too much to share about that franchise. According to Graser, Horn said it would be "two to three years" before the fifth Indy film would materialize, adding that there was no script yet.
"We need a story," Horn said.
[via Marc Graser's Twitter, h/t SlashFilm]