This weekend, Liam Neeson attempts to save his fellow passengers from a hijacked plane in "Non-Stop," the life story of Jesus comes to the big screen in "Son of God," and many more new releases make their way to select theaters.
"Non-Stop" stars Liam Neeson as an air marshal caught in a game of cat-and-mouse with a hijacker during a transatlantic flight. After receiving threatening text messages, the marshal springs into action to find the person responsible for holding the passengers hostage 10,000 feet in the air. Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong'o ("12 Years a Slave"), and Michelle Dockery ("Downtown Abbey") star in supporting roles.
From the makers of hit "The Bible" mini-series comes the inspirational "Son of God." The biblical film brings the biographical story of Jesus, from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion, and ultimate resurrection, to the big screen.
Also in theaters this weekend:
- Nominated for Best Animated Feature, "Ernest & Celestine" tells the story of an unlikely friendship between a bear and a young mouse named Celestine, whose friendship is put on trial by their traditional communities.
- "Kids for Cash" documents the notorious judicial scandal of a charismatic judge who wrongfully imprisoned minors, and the trail of money and corruption behind his decisions.
- "The Bag Man" stars John Cusack and Robert De Niro in a crime thriller about a tough guy hired to retrieve a mystery bag at a seedy motel.
- "Repentance" stars Anthony Mackie as a spiritual adviser with a blemished past, who gets caught up with a dangerous and troubled man (Forest Whitaker) fixated on his own past.
- Starring Brendan Fraser, "Hairbrained" follows a teenage genius and outcast, who gets rejected from Harvard and starts an unexpected friendship with a middle-aged gambler at a different college.
- "The Lunchbox" stars Irrfan Khan and Nimrat Kaur in the tale of a mistaken lunch delivery in Mumbai that leads to a budding relationship built through sharing notes in the lunchbox.
- "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Super-Sized R Rated Version" is a re-edited version of the "Anchorman" sequel, complete with an R rating and hundreds of new jokes.
What are you most excited to see this weekend?
categories Weekend Movie Preview