Disney CEO Bob Iger unveiled some key details about "Star Wars: Episode VII" during a conference call with shareholders Tuesday morning, including one huge piece of information: The film will take place three decades after the events of 1983's "Return of the Jedi."
Iger's revelation didn't include any real specifics about plot or casting, though it certainly heavily implied that all three original leads -- Luke (Mark Hamill), Leia (Carrie Fisher), and Han Solo (Harrison Ford) -- would all appear in "Episode VII." An official press release from StarWars.com stated, "'Episode VII' is set about 30 years after the events of 'Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi,' and will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."
So far, R2-D2 is the only confirmed "familiar face" set to officially return, though we imagine that after Iger's major hint, Hamill, Fisher, and Ford's appearances will be announced shortly.
Iger also reported that "Episode VII" is set to start shooting in May at London's Pinewood Studios.
"It's really in the process so there isn't much I can share with you," he told shareholders, while also assuring them that people would be pleased with the project.
"[The movie] really looks amazing," Iger said.
"Star Wars: Episode VII" hits theaters December 18, 2015.
Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images