She may be a teenager, but Chloë Grace Moretz already has over 40 film and TV credits to her name.
Moretz got her start early, making her big screen debut at the age of 6 in "Amityville Horror," but it wasn't until 2010 that she broke out in bloody crowd-pleaser "Kick-Ass." Since her performance as the tough-as-nails Hit-Girl, the actress has turned in memorable starring performances in "Carrie" (2013) and "If I Stay" (2014). This fall, Moretz stars opposite Denzel Washington in the action-thriller "The Equalizer."
From her connection to Miley Cyrus to her unlikely acting coach, here are 17 things you probably don't know about Chloë Grace Moretz.
1. Chloë Grace Moretz was born February 10, 1997, in Atlanta, Georgia to Teri Duke and McCoy Lee Moretz.
2. Her mother is a nurse, while her father is a plastic surgeon. Moretz's parents are now divorced.
3. Moretz has four older brothers, and told Drew Barrymore (via Interview Magazine) "It's like having four fathers, basically, because they all super-duper take care of me."
4. In 2002, she moved to New York City with her mother and brother, who had just been accepted into the Professional Performing Arts School. Moretz helped Trevor read his lines, ultimately piquing her interest in acting.
5. Today, Trevor has put aside his career to be his little sister's acting coach and mentor.
6. Her first on-screen acting role was in the CBS series "The Guardian," appearing for two episodes.
7. At the age of 6, she landed her first big screen role as Ryan Reynolds's daughter in "The Amityville Horror" (2005).
8. She was so young when the movie premiered that her mom did not allow her to see it.
9. Moretz has two dogs named in association with the film. One is named Fuller, after producer Bradley Fuller, and the other is Missy, after her nickname in the movie.
10. She continued to work steadily over the following few years, but Moretz's big break came in 2010's "Kick-Ass," where she played Mindy Macready, aka Hit-Girl.
11. After "Kick-Ass," Moretz pretended to be British in her audition for "Hugo" (2011) because she had heard that Martin Scorsese wanted a British actress for the part. After winning the part, she admitted she was not British!
12. Randomly enough, the actress also has a connection with Miley Cyrus. Moretz voiced the entire character of Penny in "Bolt" (2008) before Miley Cyrus was hired to do the part.
13. There are probably no hard feelings, however. The 17 year old has already acted in over 30 movies to date!
14. In Spring 2014, Steven Soderbergh directed Moretz in "The Library," marking her Off-Broadway debut.
15. Moretz draws a line between work and her personal life. The actress bans her friends from her film sets and premieres because it distracts her. Also, this way, she feels more relaxed when she's hanging out with them in her free time.
16. When she was 14, Moretz said she'd like to "just drive around" with Ryan Gosling if she could date anyone. Sorry Chloë Grace, he's with Eva Mendes now!
17. (Bonus Fact): She's friends with Victoria and David Beckham's son, Brooklyn, and it's been rumored that they're dating. We'll leave the tabloids to figure that one out.
[Sources: IMDb, Wikipedia]