There were plenty of new faces in the first teaser trailer for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." Now, director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy have revealed those characters' names.
In a fun bit of retro integration, Abrams and Kennedy provided the names to Entertainment Weekly, in the guise of classic "Star Wars" Topps trading cards. George Lucas and co. released five rounds of cards in conjunction with the 1977 original, and now filmmakers behind the latest chapter have assigned some cards to the newest members of the "Star Wars" universe, too. They are:
- BB-8, the rolling, R2-D2-esque robot.
- Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), who's seen flying in an X-Wing in the teaser.
- Kylo Ren (actor unknown), the mysterious hooded figure with the Stephen Colbert-approved lightsaber.
- Rey (Daisy Ridley), seen riding a speeder across a desert.
- Finn (John Boyega), the nervous-looking, helmet-less Stormtrooper, described on his card as "on the run."
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" hits theaters on December 18, 2015.
[via: Entertainment Weekly]
Photo credit: Disney