"The Walking Dead" is not only back this weekend, it's poised to be great again. Season 7, Episode 9 airs Sunday, Feb. 12, and spoilery teases suggest good things from the supersized midseason premiere.
The title is "Rock in the Road," which is apparently a reference to a story told by one character's mother. That scoop comes straight from SpoilerTV's Advance Preview of the episode, which doesn't reveal exactly what happens, it just whets your appetite to see it for yourself. (Which is how we like it.)
Here are some of SpoilerTV's "spoilers" on what to expect in Sunday's Episode 9:
• Abraham, Glenn, Olivia and Spencer's deaths will be mentioned, along with the other horrors Negan and his men have done to Rick's group.
• Enid will have a surprise for the group.
• Carol will be seen, outside of her house for once. What could she be up to?
• There will be disagreement about Rick's plan, and someone might have an alternative plan.
• As seen in the sneak peek, there will be a blocked road and also some dynamite! Will The Walking Dead pull off a Lost? Dynamite is dangerous and can be unstable, but also it can be a handy and powerful weapon, especially if you're getting ready for a war.
• Gregory will have a new way to call Maggie. For once, it won't be sexist.
• Someone will make the King proud, while another one will disappoint him.
• Fat Joe's death will be mentioned and called "a tragedy".
• A rhetorical question will be answered, which will piss off the one who asks it.
• Finally there will be some epic walker moment. I have been missing the walkers this season, but there will be one great scene with them in "Rock in the Road". And as usual, The Walking Dead has found a new fun and disgusting way to get rid of the zombies.
• An Alexandrian will make a drastic and surprising decision, that will leave the rest of the community shocked and intrigued.
• Daryl will get an offer he won't like.
• Rosita will still be quite angry, probably from missing Negan with her gun and getting Olivia killed as payback. And she will express her anger.
• More than one character will ask about Carol.
• "Rock in the Road" will end on one character smiling, but it doesn't mean it'll be a happy moment.
Here's that sneak peek with a road block they mention:
And here's another great teaser with Richonne romance, action, and Eugene enjoying a snack:What we shouldn't expect -- this week or ever -- is a romance between Daryl and Jesus. You probably weren't expecting that anyway, but the character of Jesus is gay, and Daryl is ... question mark. They haven't made it clear if he's straight, gay, bi, asexual, or what. But Greg Nicotero recently shut the door on a Daryl/Jesus relationship; there's still a possibility that Daryl will hook up with someone else, but no solid intel on that front at this point. They may just keep him single so everyone thinks she/he has a chance.
Either way, read more of the preview here, and watch "Rock in the Road" Feb. 12 at 9 p.m. on AMC.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.