ABC has revealed the cast for the next season of "The Bachelor," with 30 women vying for the heart of titular contestant Colton Underwood.
This season is determined to stand out from "Bachelor" installments of yore by featuring Underwood, who famously declared himself a virgin during Becca Kufrin's season of "The Bachelorette." The show has already leaned into that detail in its promos for Underwood's episodes, and this new crop of contestants seems to be having some fun with that distinction, too.
According to ABC, the ladies looking for love include "a pageant star who calls herself the 'hot-mess express,' a confident Nigerian beauty with a loud-and-proud personality, a deceptively bubbly spitfire who is hiding a dark family secret, a California beach blonde who has a secret that ironically may make her the Bachelor's perfect match, and a lovable phlebotomist."
We're pretty confident that the "perfect match" person is a virgin, too.
Here's the full rundown, per Deadline:
- Alex B., 29, a dog rescuer from Vancouver
- Alex D., 23, a sloth from Boston
- Angelique, 28, a marketing salesperson from Hamilton, NJ
- Annie, 23, a financial associate from New York City
- Bri, 24, a model from Los Angeles
- Caelynn, 23, Miss North Carolina 2018 from Charlotte, NC
- Caitlin, 25, a realtor from Toronto
- Cassie, 23, a speech pathologist from Huntington Beach, CA
- Catherine, 26, a DJ from Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Courtney, 23, a caterer from Atlanta
- Demi, 23, an interior designer from Red Oak, Texas
- Devin, 23, a broadcast journalist from Medford, OR
- Elyse, 31, a makeup artist from Soldotna, AK
- Erika, 25, a recruiter from Encinitas, CA
- Erin, 28, Cinderella from Plano, Texas
- Hannah B., 23, Miss Alabama 2018 from Tuscaloosa
- Hannah G., 23, a content creator from Birmingham, AL
- Heather, 22, never been kissed from Carlsbad, CA
- Adrianne “Jane,” 26, a social worker from West Hollywood, CA
- Katie, 26, a medical sales representative from Sherman Oaks, CA
- Kirpa, 26, a dental hygienist from Whittier, CA
- Laura, 26, an accountant from Dallas
- Nicole, 25, a social media coordinator from Miami
- Nina, 30, a sales account manager from Raleigh, NC
- Onyeka, 24, an IT risk consultant from Dallas
- Revian, 24, an esthetician from Santa Monica
- Sydney, 27, an NBA dancer from New York City
- Tahzjuan, 25, a business development associate from Castle Pines, CO
- Tayshia, 28, a phlebotomist from Corona del Mar, CA
- Tracy, 31, a wardrobe stylist from Los Angeles
As usual, some of these contestants have some pretty hilarious job titles (we use the term "job" loosely, of course). Last season's Colognoisseur and Social Media Participant are no match for this year's Never Been Kissed, Cinderella, and (drumroll please) Sloth. We hope she just climbs a tree and stays there the entire season.
"The Bachelor" is getting an expanded premiere episode, and will air for three hours on Monday, January 7 on ABC, beginning at 8 p.m. EST.
[via: ABC, Deadline]