Plot & Details
April Fool's Day just happens to be the birthday of rich college student Buffy (Deborah Foreman), so she invites a group of friends from Vassar over to her family's island getaway to spend the weekend partying. Though some practical-joke shenanigans on the ferry over from the mainland lead to unexpected bloodshed and put a damper on the festivities, Buffy unleashes a flood of more benign pranks on her guests, setting a tone of giddy abandon. With plenty of randy guys and gals on hand and no parental supervision, it isn't long before drunken escapades ensue. As the weekend progresses, however, guests begin to disappear mysteriously, and before long Buffy and friends find themselves huddling in terror in their remote getaway. The next ferry isn't due until Monday, and the partygoers aren't sure whether any of them will make it that long. The mostly Canadian cast of April Fool's Day includes Leah King Pinsent, daughter of actor/director Gordon Pinsent, and Amy Steel, a veteran of the second and fourth Friday the 13th installments.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/27/1986
- DVD Release Date: 09/03/2002
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Fred Walton
- Starring: Jay Baker , Pat Barlow , Lloyd Berry , Deborah Foreman , Deborah Goodrich
- Themes: Party Film,Serial Killers,Mind Games
- Tone: Gruesome,Campy,Ominous,Tense,Creepy
- Keywords: college, mansion, student, vacation, games, holiday, island, jokes, multiple-murder, murder, party, stranded, teenagers, weekend
- Country of Origin: USA (03-27-1986)
- Language: English