Plot & Details
A man wages a one-man war against corrupt real-estate developers in this independent comedy drama. Nat Banks (Roger Rees) is a genially eccentric gentleman farmer who minds a Virginia estate that has belonged to his family for generations. Nat is not especially good at managing his money and has fallen deep in debt, so when a pair of real-estate men from Washington, D.C., make an offer for the place, Nat agrees under the condition that the house will be maintained as it is and he will be allowed to stay there for the rest of his life. However, Nat soon finds the businessmen are not good to their word, and he's to be moved out of his home into a nearby rental house. Refusing to leave his land, Nat moves into a cave near the creek that runs near the estate, and when the new owners go South for the winter, Nat breaks into his former home and hatches a plan to win back his estate with the help of some friends. Crazy Like a Fox was the first feature film from stage director Richard Squires, and was produced through The Delphi Film Foundation, a non-profit film production house.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/05/2006
- DVD Release Date: 04/15/2008
- Director(s): Richard Squires
- Starring: Roger Rees , Mary McDonnell , Paul Fitzgerald , Christina Rouner , Robert Wisdom
- Themes: Fighting the System,Lone Wolves,Stop the Wrecking Ball
- Tone: Autumnal,Elegiac,Light,Nostalgic,Sentimental,Talky,Wistful,Witty
- Keywords: cave, eccentric, farmer, land-rights, pride, real-estate-tycoon, rebel-with-a-cause, reclamation
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-13-2005)
- Language: English