Plot & Details
A resourceful teenage super-sleuth finds her investigative skills put to the ultimate test as director Andrew Fleming and screenwriter Tiffany Paulsen revive the character originally made famous by author Carolyn Keene. Upon leaving her quaint hometown of River Heights and arriving in Los Angeles with her father, Carson (Tate Donovan), precocious small-town teen Nancy Drew (Emma Roberts) enrolls in Hollywood High and discovers just how different life on the West Coast really is. A true original in the land where Rodeo Drive dictates what's "in" at any given moment, Nancy stands apart from the pack as much for her penny loafers as for her sincere, non-acerbic attitude and keen study skills -- all of which make the non-ironic goody two-shoes an object of scorn for fashion-conscious mean girls Inga (Daniella Monet) and Trish (Kelly Vitz). Concerns about how to fit in soon take a back seat to more pressing issues, however, when Nancy, having previously promised her worried father that she would give up sleuthing, stumbles across a series of clues that may lead her to find out what caused the death of beautiful Hollywood movie star Dehlia Draycott -- who perished years ago under particularly mysterious circumstances. Upon discovering that she and her father are currently residing in the very same mansion that Draycott once called home, the prospect of solving one of Hollywood's biggest mysteries simply proves too tantalizing for the brilliant young detective to resist.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Family
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/15/2007
- DVD Release Date: 03/11/2008
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Andrew Fleming
- Starring: Emma Roberts , Josh Flitter , Max Thieriot , Rachael Leigh Cook , Tate Donovan
- Themes: Unlikely Heroes,Star Detectives,Amateur Sleuths
- Tone: Ominous,Tense,Humorous,Ironic,Sweet,Light
- Keywords: detective,high-school,mystery [whodunit],resourcefulness
- Country of Origin: USA (06-15-2007)
- Language: English