Plot & Details
Author William Gibson created a revolution in popular culture with his books Neuromancer, Burning Chrome, and Mona Lisa Overdrive, in which he explored how the rise of digital technology in a socially and politically unstable time impacted people's lives (and vice versa); among other things, Gibson coined the phrase "cyberspace," and his work has had a seismic effect in science fiction circles. No Maps For These Territories examines Gibson's life and work, featuring several interviews with the author as he discusses his creative process, his feelings about the rise of the new digital culture, and the influence of his literary mentor William S. Burroughs. Bono and The Edge from U2, also appear, reading passages from Gibson's work and providing musical interpretations of his work.
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 89min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/25/2003
- Distributor(s): Docurama
- Director(s): Mark Neale
- Starring: William Gibson , Bono , The Edge
- Themes: Writer's Life
- Tone: Cerebral,Literate,Quirky,Talky
- Keywords: career-retrospective, creativity, cyber-space, digital-technology, high-tech, observations, post-Modernism, prediction, science-fiction, writer, writing
- Language: English