One of the many, many reasons why people fall in love with "Star Wars" is the franchise's deft delivery of complex, nuanced, and -- for lack of a better word -- completely badass characters. What would we have without Luke, Leia, Han, Rey, Chewbacca, Finn, and everyone else?
After hearing all about the new faces in "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," we're all but guaranteed a new ragtag bunch to completely obsess over.
Here's everything we learned about the characters in "Rogue One" from this year's Star Wars Celebration Europe panel.
1. Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) is different from every other "Star Wars" hero, according to Jones herself. "We know where she's come from, and that fact is what propels the story," she revealed.
2. Cassian (Diego Luna) works for the Rebellion and the only friend he has is an ex-Imperial droid he reprogrammed, named K-2SO.
3. K-2SO (Alan Tudyk) is a brutally honest droid and is definitely different from (mostly) compliant droids we're used to. "Cassian reprogrammed him, and did, like, a data wipe. When he reprogrammed him, he's not quite all there. He speaks his mind and says things, I don't know, that can be unsettling. He's very honest. If you know any old people, he's like that. He just says whatever he thinks," Tudyk said.
4. Bodhi (Riz Ahmed) is a pilot who starts out working for the Empire to earn a living, but doesn't agree with everything they do. "People work at big organizations. They don't agree with everything they do," Ahmed joked after the big reveal.
5. Chirrut (Donnie Yen) is a blind warrior from the planet Jedha. He believes in the Force and is probably the closest thing to a Jedi in the movie.
6. Baze (Jiang Wen) has a really big gun. Like, really really big, according to Wen. He doesn't believe in the Force at first, but after something devastating happens to him, he starts to believe.
7. Saw Gerrera (Clone Wars."
8. Galen (Mads Mikkelsen) is Jyn's father. That's all you need to know about that (for now).
"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" hits theaters December 16, 2016.