"Bachelor in Paradise" star Corinne Olympios is speaking out for the first time since allegations of sexual misconduct on the set of the reality show shut down the entire production.

"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4," the 24-year-old Miami native said in a statement. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."

She continued: "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."

Warner Bros. shut down filming for the show on Sunday after a field producer raised concerns over an alleged sexual encounter between Olympios and fellow cast member DeMario Jackson. The producer reportedly questioned whether Olympios was able to give consent. Both cast members have retained legal counsel.

Warner Bros. said in a statement, "We are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action," the statement continued.

categories Tv News