On "Project Runway" Season 16, one day you're in, and the next day you're storming off the runway and dealing with an angry Tim Gunn making speeches about "cheating" and "unprofessional, unseemly, atrocious" behavior. Whew!
Season 16 premieres next Thursday, Aug. 17 on Lifetime, with 16 designers creating garments for -- in a first -- models of all sizes, ranging from 0 to 22.
Lifetime released a trailer for the season, via Entertainment Tonight, and it is heavy on the tears and drama. We see designer Michael Brambila walk off the runway, after telling the judges, "The way that it was done, I do not agree with." The stunned judges looked on, asking what happened. Backstage, we see Michael say, "I came to play fair, and there is no fairness in this game."
We also see Tim Gunn backstage, looking right into the camera to say, "This is cheating. It all has to stop." That's followed by Tim in the workroom telling a group of designers, "This entire thing disgusts me. It was unprofessional, unseemly, atrocious."
Swatch himself may not even be able to save us from that mess. The trailer does include a few fashion shots, suggesting some real talent in the group, which is a relief. In case anyone cares, we're watching for the designs, not the drama.
Here's the list of "Sweet 16" designers:
- Margarita Alvarez, 30, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Amy Bond, 46, Los Angeles
- Michael Brambila, 25, Oakland, California
- Claire Buitendorp, 27, Grand Ledge, Michigan
- Shawn Buitendorp, 27, Grand Ledge, Michigan
- ChaCha, 24, Taiwan
- Kenya Freeman, 37, Atlanta
- Ayana Ife, 27, Salt Lake City
- Kentaro Kameyama, 38, Los Angeles
- Kudzanai Karidza, 32, Atlanta
- Brandon Kee, 24, San Francisco
- Batani-Khalfani, 32, Inglewood, California
- Sentell McDonald, 33, New York
- Aaron Myers, 23, Brooklyn
- Samantha Rei, 36, Minneapolis
- Deyonté Weather, 36, Lynwood, Washington
Guest judges include Demi Lovato, Katie Holmes, Olivia Munn, Yolanda Hadid, Kate Upton, Maggie Q, Kelsea Ballerini, Dove Cameron, China Anne McClain, Asia Kate Dillon, Carly Chaikin, Maddie Ziegler, Sophia Stallone, Georgina Chapman, Rachel Brosnahan, and Anne Fulenwider.
The season starts Aug. 17 at 8 p.m. on Lifetime.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.