'Disenchantment' Trailer Reveals New Fantasy Series From 'The Simpsons' and 'Futurama' Creator
Matt Groening, creator of "The Simpsons" and "Futurama," just released the official trailer for his new adult animated comedy-fantasy, "Disenchantment."If you didn't already know it was from him, you'd be able to tell within seconds.
The first 10 episodes will be ready for streaming August 17 on Netflix.
Fans have reacted with a lot of comparisons:
• "If Futurama, Simpsons, and game of thrones had a baby"
• "Simpson with a dash of Disney ? this is a dream that I didn’t even know I wanted to come true! So looking forwards to this ♥"
• "Game of Futurama. I love it!"
• "This is the story of Fry’s great great great great great great... Grandmother"
• "The cartoon version of half of my D&D sessions..."
Here's more on the series:
"Disenchantment" takes place in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland. It follows the misadventures of hard-drinking young Princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo, and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools. Netflix previously gave the series a 20-episode order.
The series will feature the voice talents of Abbi Jacobson as Bean, Nat Faxon as Elfo, and Eric Andre as Luci. Other voice talent includes John DiMaggio, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, David Herman–all of whom have worked with Groening in the past–as well as Matt Berry, Jeny Batten, Rich Fulcher, Noel Fielding, and Lucy Montgomery. Animation is being done by Rough Draft Studios, the same studio did the animation for Groening’s 'Futurama.'”
Season 1 arrives August 17 on Netflix.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.