Plot & Details
Ugo Tognazzi and Michel Serrault go through their well-worn passes in this third sequel to their international hit La Cage aux Folles. In La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding the element of Woman is introduced to the carefree world of the middle-aged gay couple of Renato (Ugo Tognazzi) and Albin (Michel Serrault). In this effort, Albin stands to inherit a large part of his Aunt Emma's money (and a large chunk of Scotland) on the condition that he marry a woman and father a child. Albin doesn't want to satisfy his Aunt Emma's will because he is what he is, but Renato needs the money to save his St. Tropez nightclub. So Albin grudgingly consults marriage broker Stephane Audran and tries to act like a conservative heterosexual. Albin runs the gamut in trying to conform, from considering going to Lourdes, to suicide. When all hope appears to be lost, the gay duo finally latch onto a pregnant girl, Cindy (Antonella Interlenghi), who decides that marrying Albin is a shade better than trying to kill herself.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/14/1986
- Distributor(s): Col
- Director(s): Georges Lautner
- Starring: Michel Serrault , Ugo Tognazzi , Michel Galabru , Antonella Interlenghi , Saverio Vallone
- Themes: Gender-Bending,Wedding Bells
- Keywords: nightclub, homosexual, inheritance, transvestite
- Country of Origin: USA (02-14-1986)