Plot & Details
This gangland crime story about the life and death of mobster Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll (John Chandler) is most notable for the array of relatively unknown actors in bit parts who later became famous. Otherwise, there is a lot of bloodshed, surface characterization, and a great deal of fiction in the violent tale. Coll is first shown suffering extreme abuse from his father, and then he segues into the development of a neighborhood gang at the age of seventeen. From there, he gets on the wrong side of gangster Dutch Schultz which ultimately is a big mistake. Director Burt Balaban depicts Coll as increasingly insane, before his last killing leads to his violent death. Among those "new" faces are Telly Savalas as Lt. Dawson, Jerry Orbach as Joe, Coll's Judas, Gene Hackman in his first screen role as a cop, and Vincent Gardenia as Dutch Schultz.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 86min.
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures Edward Schreiber
- Director(s): Burt Balaban
- Starring: John Davis Chandler , Neil Nephew , Brooke Hayward , Joy Harmon , Jerry Orbach
- Keywords: criminal, death, dog, gangster, killing, man, maniac, police, punk, weapons