Plot & Details
The directorial debut from Jason Reitman, the media satire Thank You for Smoking stars Aaron Eckhart as Nick, a man who has turned spinning news and information into a successful career for the tobacco lobby. He plots strategies with his colleagues (Maria Bello and David Koechner) on how to make other dangerous products more appealing to the American public. Nick ends up going to Hollywood with his young son (Cameron Bright) in order to get a movie producer to include characters smoking in his newest film. Nick is kidnapped by a vigilante group concerned about the harmful nature of his product. The cast includes William H. Macy as a Senator who runs on a strong anti-tobacco position, Rob Lowe as the Hollywood bigwig, and Robert Duvall as the king of the tobacco industry. The film is an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Christopher Buckley.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/17/2006
- DVD Release Date: 10/03/2006
- Distributor(s): Fox Searchlight
- Director(s): Jason Reitman
- Starring: Aaron Eckhart , Maria Bello , Cameron Bright , Adam Brody , Sam Elliott
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Members of the Press,Office Politics,Work Ethics
- Tone: Biting,Irreverent,Satirical
- Keywords: Hollywood,business-corruption,business-ethics,kidnapping,smoking,tobacco-industry
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-17-2006),USA (04-14-2006)
- Language: English