UPDATE: Yep, Ben picked Lauren B. over JoJo and proposed on the finale. But don't you worry about JoJo, 'cause she gets to be the new Bachelorette. Despite Chris Harrison REALLY wanting a live "After the Final Rose" wedding (Ben's pastor flew out for this), Ben just used the occasion to propose to Lauren again, doing it in front of her family. She's now planning to move out to where he lives in Denver, and they want a big family wedding soon. Congrats to all!
Are you ready for the most dramatic season of "The Bachelor" ever? "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss tweeted that Ben Higgins's Season 20 (which started January 4, 2016) is his "favorite season since Jason and Molly." Considering Jason Mesnick didn't even pick Molly Malaney and that was the most controversial season of its time, that may be a sign for this round, too.
Ben does give off a Jason-ish vibe, which could be good in the long run, since Jason and Molly are now married and beloved leaders of Bachelor Nation. Jason is one of three past Bachelors who will actually return on Ben's premiere to offer advice.
ABC released details on Ben's upcoming dates, and there are also spoilers on what happens, if you want that kind of thing. See below for both.
FULL SEASON TEASES
From ABC's press release:
• Ben's first one-on-one date is a doozy. He and a spirited bachelorette are joined by Ice Cube and Kevin Hart – fresh from the set of "Ride Along 2," in theaters nationwide on January 15th – who decide they know exactly what to do on this date. But will this woman roll with the punches?
• Twelve bachelorettes get to "kick it" with Ben, playing a spirited soccer match with members of the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Soccer Championship team, including Alex Morgan and Kelley O'Hara.
• Another dozen women attempt to impress Ben with their talents as the opening act for the versatile singer, comedian and celebrity impersonator Terry Fator at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.
• The Bachelor escorts nine sexy señoritas on a tasty trip through Mexico City to learn about the Spanish language and the scrumptious food. Still another woman gets to meet one of Mexico's premiere fashion designers and walk the runway to open their stellar Fashion Week.
• Six ladies are totally surprised by the company they will keep during a day of fun and sun on Pig Island. It's just them, the handsome Bachelor and a bunch of wild, swimming pigs!
• Ben takes one woman to the Baker's Youth Center in his hometown of Warsaw, Indiana, where he used to spend summers working with the kids. He is stunned when several of the Indiana Pacers, including NBA superstar Paul George, visit the center to participate in the festivities with them.
• Then it is on to Wrigley Field for a spectacular one-on-one date at the historic baseball stadium, but does the date qualify as a home run?
• The hometown dates are filled with emotional revelations, but when the final three women travel to an exotic tropical island for the romantic overnight dates, there are even more shocking surprises awaiting our unsuspecting Bachelor.
Now that the official stuff is out of the way, on to the spoilers. Reality Steve has issued his episode-by-episode spoilers, including details on who (supposedly) "won" and is now engaged to Ben.
Here are the 21 girls remaining after Episode 1 and a word association game from what Steve heard about each one this season:
Jami Letain – "funny," "this season's comedian"
Rachel Tchen – "happy," "always smiling"
Jen Saviano – "quiet," "pretty"
Lauren Bushnell – "confident," "beautiful"
Mandi Kremer – "sarcastic," "strange"
Lace Morris – "bitchy," "hot mess"
Amber James – "quirky"
Becca Tilley – "sweet," "well liked"
Olivia Caridi – "socially awkward," "oblivious"
Sam Passmore – "friendly," "nice"
Lauren Himle – "genuine," "funny"
Emily Ferguson – "innocent," "blunt"
Haley Ferguson – "the quieter of the twins"
Jubilee Sharpe – "interesting," "worldly"
Leah Block – "loud," "opinionated"
Caila Quinn – "Disney princess," "weird," "constantly on for the cameras"
Lauren Barr "LB" – "quiet," "overwhelmed"
Amanda Stanton – "sweet," "genuine"
JoJo Fletcher – "sexy," "outgoing"
Jackie Dion – "sweet," "innocent"
Shushanna Mkrtychyan – "foreign"
According to Steve, Lauren Bushnell, Amanda Stanton, JoJo Fletcher, and Caila Quinn are the final four. Becca Tilley is eliminated right before hometowns.
Amanda is reportedly eliminated after hometowns, for a final three of Lauren B., JoJo, and Caila.
Caila is eliminated after overnight dates, so the final two are JoJo vs. Lauren B.
According to Steve, Ben is currently engaged to Lauren Bushnell of Portland, Oregon, so keep an eye on her this season. Get more details here.
Want more stuff like this? Like us on Facebook.