According to That Hashtag Show, filming on the third installment will begin in New York on March 1. Additional locations might include Spain and Russia.
Although their fates seemed in doubt at the end of "Chapter Two," the site says we'll see more of the characters played by Common and Ruby Rose. And the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) will also be back. Now that Wick (Keanu Reeves) has been banned from The Continental, perhaps he'll be turning again to the King's underground network for help.
Stahelski told Collider last year that the plan for "Chapter Three" is not so much to go bigger, but deeper, with what sounds like more of the Bowery King's operatives.
"We want, not so much to go bigger on the third one, but to show you more of the intricacies of the world... there are all these different subtleties that I skipped over in Number Two, that I'd like to go back to on ['Chapter Three'] and show you the inner workings of different parts of New York. So rather than massive set pieces, I'd like to show you cooler and more intricate ones... I think it would be a mistake budgetwise and creatively to just go big and blow up a freeway. That's not our gig. That's a comic book or a Bond gig. We want to show you cool and intricate details. What are those little details in everyday life? Hopefully we make people look at garbage collectors and cleaner vans and homeless people a little differently now."
Stahelski will also be directing the Wick spin-off series "The Continental," set in the world of the high-class hit man hotel chain. Reeves won't be starring in it, but he is expected to cameo at least once.
"John Wick: Chapter Three" is set to hit theaters May 17, 2019.